Sunday, July 15, 2007

okay, its my turn

I want you all to know I am one happy camper. Not really camping, but I am happy.
I have two spanish Elders living in my basement. They are the top Elders in the mission. I know that the mission office wants me to have a good experience, so they sent me two mild, easy going, polite Elders for my initiation.
It is a new experience, but a good one.
It is like they have an apartment in my basement. They have a private bathroom, a bedroom with twin beds that they both must sleep in. They have a fridge in the garage and they have shelves in my cupboard. I have given them permission to use my washer and dryer. Right now they have to use my telephone until the main office can get them cell phones. (probably by the first of August). They have mission rules concerning the T V and computer. They have been very obedient.I cannot have the T V on when they are upstairs in the kitchen. But I can watch the Jazz games in my sewing room if I have to.
I have mission rules too. I cannot "mother" them. they must be very independent of me. I have taught them how to use the toaster oven, and oven. I have appliances that they are welcome to use, but they aren't used to them, so they haven't asked.
They bring the mail in every day, I think they hope there will be a letter for them. They lay my mail on the bar or table.
I cannot have little children, young women, or any distraction here. There apartment is theirs. I can hear them shower or flush the toilet. But I cannot hear them come or go.
If members come to take them to eat or bring them food, I am unaware, because they have a private enterance.
One of them baked some brownies and gave Barb and I a piece. He is a good cook.
They are allowed to use my kitchen dishes, cookware,or anything I have if I show them how. Not much to say but I love the experience I am having.

I was able to call Von and wish him a happy birthday. I called Merrill and he has had his dialysis time shortened. He did spend 4 hours every other day, now it is 3 hours and 15 minutes. He was sure happy. I called Owen and he has been called to be the ward mission leader. He doesn't go out, but he has to be responsible for lining up there meals and putting something in the bulletin concerning them. His knees are still giving him fits. Hard for him to get around. (just between me and you I think he had the wrong doctor.) I didn't get to talk to Lorna because she works on Saturday.

I want to wish all the July people in my family a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" That is Jon and Sam, Marcia, Beverly, Lydia, Amy, and Jackson. How about that. A lot of good people sent to earth in July.

We have a new R.S. presidency. I may have my job changed, but I am still V.T. leader.
Barb is still taking good care of me everyday, and Bev helps when she can.
They are both real good to bring me bits of food when they come. Barb has offered a bed to anyone who comes to visit. Bev will take someone also. (I haven't asked her) but I am sure she will.

I want to close by bearing you my testimony. I know we belong to the true church, and I know that Pres Hinckley is still receiving revelation. I read the Book of Mormon every day and I know it is true. I am so glad to be a Mormon and to belong to the true Church of God, for my heritage, for my wonderful family, for my health and strength, and being able to serve the Lord in this capacity. I love all of you and pray for you every night and morning. If I have forgotten any of you, do not be offended. You only take offense if you want to. Remember Elder Bednar's conference talk. We must love each other. and realize we all have weaknessess, we all make mistakes, but we want to be comfortable in the celestial kingdom together. Heaven can be here on earth if we want it to be.Love, love, love. Mom and gma.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh mom! You did so good. (blogging!)

WE are all so proud of you! You are such a good example! We love your spirit and testimony. You have shown us the way to serve!

You sound so happy!

Hugs on you. barb

Anonymous said...

I hope I can be like you when I grow up!! I love you, bev

linzy said...

Grandma, I am so happy for you! Congrats and good luck on your mission! LOVE YOU TONS!