So we have kinda turned into a blogging family, us Hilterbrands. We are producing new blogs as fast as we are producing new babies, maybe faster. I like keeping up with all the goings-on of all the kids, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandmas and grandpas, but I am a busy college student and don't always have a bunch of time to do that. Also, it can be tedious clicking on all the separate links in the side-bar to see what is going on with each family's blog. I've come up with a tool to help me out with this and thought I'd share it. Think of it as an aggregator, not to be confused with an alligator. What it does is collects all the new stuff that gets put up on any one of the many Hilterbrand blogs and puts all that into one place. So it will have a new post about me chopping fire-wood on Saturday and also a post about Owen McComas' 5th birthday, even though those are on different blogs. It allows you to keep up with all the Hilterbrand Blogs in one place. One centralized blog keeping track of all the individual family blogs. It's new, so it doesn't have any past posts, just from here on out. If you want to make a new post on the Hilterbrand Blog you still need to come here. If this seems cool and exciting to you, the link is below. If it doesn't, you can just ignore it and carry on as you have. If you have any questions leave them in the comments and I'll do my best to answer them.
Link: Hilterbrand Family Blogs
P.S. - This new "central blog" has a feed that you can subscribe to and keep up with all the blogs through your favorite feed-reader.
P.P.S. - I will put this link in the side-bar.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
The Many Blogs Of Us Hilterbrands
Posted by
Cody Russell McComas
at
11:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So if you want to comment or read comments you have to go to the individual sites??????? How dos that work? bev
OH my heavens CODY....how did you figure that 'alligator' out...how long did that take..WONDERFUL......... Yes, Bev...you read stuff at the new 'alligator' site (mark it as a favorite) then...click to the site for more details and to comment. Isn't that cool? AND please comment once in a while...sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my blattering.....and I do it mostly for family...to stay in TOUCH. Arlene
That's right Mom, to make/read comments you must visit the original sites.
Wow!! Thanks for doing this Cody! I love it. Makes it easy to catch the headlines!! cb
VERY COOL!! You are awesome! There is so much to learn in this life, I feel like my insides are going 100MPH, everytime I see something new I want to learn!
as soon as barb comes in I will have her fix me up. Okay. Thanks cody. gma
Post a Comment