And it was wonderful. See that lady in the middle...well, she is just something else. When Rick says to me..."You sound like your Mother"...I am going to get the biggest grin on my face and say..."Thanks!"
Did you hear that she visit teaches 3 routes? Did you know that for her 83rd birthday she had 29 that is TWENTY NINE! Birthday wishes from friends? Did you know she houses..."the boys"? Did you know she found out she has accidently been paying 20% tithing? Now that - I could almost understand...but then wouldn't you like kind of quit paying tithing for a few months to get things leveled out?....well, not this Grandma. We tried to reason with her. She will NOT be reasoned with.
"You can't get ahead of the Lord." "I never missed it." "I am so blessed." I pushed a tiny bit and she just said, "I'm praying for Cody." I shut right up! She prays for her family. Her single grandkids, the ones she is worried about. Let me tell you...she has power because of her righteousness. I should don't want to disappoint her, do you? Keep praying for us Mom. We love your prayers.
Us sissies and Mom talked for 8 straight hours the first day, we hardly stopped long enough to eat but then Uncle Steve put some salmon on the grill and we ate like kings. So fun.
Barb and Bev hosted all our mess...it was delightful. A few favorite pictures....
The boys...my picture isn't so good...does a sissie have a better one...? Please share.
The Mauzy's came and Auntie Barb did beauty shop...aren't they adorable? and then a really fun thing...Barb played the piano and those who could sing...entertained and touched our hearts...Whoozer....isn't' that something? Yes, we do document our wounds..and like Grandma said this was a good one for sympathy. Looks awful...I bet it is still sore.
Oh....about Gmas' panty hose that is the funniest thing. Have you even seen a really beautiful 83 year old lady walking with all the dignity she could muster...like a penguin? Oh...Funny funny Grandma. And like 10 people stopped her to hug and she is standing there with a white knuckle death grip hanging on her her panty hose. Smiling acting so kind and knowing at any minute she was going to lose it (them). Actually we discussed while still sitting safely on our pew if she should just let them slide off and kick them under the bench...but we thought that may not be the best option. That was FUNNY!!?!
We are the fabulous four and only fabulous because we have the amazing Mom we do. Remember who you are....darn we are good! Let's stay that way...okay? No empty chairs...keep the faith...be good...better....best....
A p.s. on the way home I got to crying about Dad...missing him you know just all that, wish he could be with Mom...she is so kind and gentle - you should see how patient she is with the missionaries...I'll share an example. Sometimes they oversleep and then one of them comes upstairs and uses Gpas' shower. Now the old Mom...the one that raised me, would have said..you must obey EXACTLY...and she would have just been so strict...but oh my, with these boys she is so patient...she said, "Oh it doesn't matter which tap that water comes out of." Doesn't that sound exactly like something Gpa Jack would say? Rick said...I think Jack is living with and influencing and blessing her...I guess he is...someone had to help her when she fell..she didn't break her glasses or the cabinet....
She is serving her mission honorable. Let's follow her fine example.
(Dad - I think you'd be proud of your family.)
Arlene
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Sisters and Mom reunited....
Posted by
Anonymous
at
2:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun. So glad you guys all get together and make such good memories. WE loved every picture. We can't believe Grandmas bruiser. Looks ouchy. WE love you Grandma H and the super duper example you are to us. WE love you all.
Love
Sam, Jill, Ashtyn and Hailey
P.S.While I am writing this Ashtyn is saying how much she misses Autumn and Brooke and wants me to tell them to come and visit her for Thanksgiving. She loves you and misses. As do we all!!
Grandma! Oh! I am so sorry! Your arm looks SOOO sore! But you are tough! When I get my Red Mustang, I can't wait to take you for a ride!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!
OUCH...Grandma here is some sympathy coming your way!! Thanks for all of your prayers, you are steadfast and immovable!! I'm so proud!!
Looks like you fab. 5 had a great time!!
This is the sister with the orange hair...shelley..help me..!
Arlene! thanks for the great blog and good pictures. Mine didn't turn out as good as yours!
We did have a blast! I love you. barb
Post a Comment