Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good and Bad News

This is Lois.

I got a phone call from Marilyn Hilterbrand a few minutes ago and she told me Uncle Dayle had passed away. He had a blood infection but died of pneumonia.

He was born Nov. 18 ,1920. I think he was 87 years old. She said she put him in the hospital Mon. and he died Tues. May 27 at 10.15 pm.

Dayle and Marilyn had made a living will and decided they both wanted to be creamated. They will have memorial services for him this Fall.

She was in bed with him when he passed away and she went and told the nurse he was gone. He had been in and out of a nursing home and wasn't well for quite some time.

He said to her, "Am I gonna die." She said, "Yes, Dayle." Sharon and Mel and their son Eric was able to come tell him "Good bye", they were there on Sunday, (he died Tues).

He said: "What will you do?" She said " I will be fine you just go and be with your mom and dad and Jack.

She will stay in Yuma.

Marilyn's address, phone number and e mail is available, if you contact your mother (the four) or grandma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does leave an empty feeling in side for a family member to die. But I bet Dad is happy, happy. Thanks for the news, mom. bev