Thursday, September 04, 2008

Barb is here!


Steve and I have been part of a historic event as we were involved with the Open House and Dedication of the Twin Falls Temple. It was wonderful! We got to be in the presence of the Prophet and give the Hosanna shout as we rejoice in a temple so close.

In the Pre-video before the public temple tours, Elder Holland made a profound statement: "Heaven would just NOT be heaven if I didn't have my family with me!" (I sooo agree!!)


We miss seeing each of you at a Hilter Reunion! I love my sisters and their children and pray for each of you everyday! As Grandpa Jack would say..."Dang we're good!" So don't forget who you are and who is waiting up there for us...!


If we were to get together, I would want you to see my adoreeeabble grandkids! Look at them, can you see that they are very bright and "above average!" as the Wobegone guy would say. The thankful part for me is that their parents are trying to raise them right! (Thank you!)
We feel kinda sad that Redge's family have moved to North Carolina. He got such a good opportunity in his job, he couldn't turn it down....but we will miss them. However, I am proud of them and wish them the BEST! They have a blog, you know, http://rcbodily.blogspot.com Check them out!
Ty and Ky have moved back to the area. Ty is having some great experiences with dentistry and I make him tell me a 'story" everyday. I usually say..."Who did you hurt today?" He just laughs. Kyla is canning up a storm with her mom and it's so great to have them drop in once in a while!
We are excited about having 2 new babies coming..Cyndee's in October (a girl) and Annie's (little Hyrum!) in December.
I won't say more about my kids...hoping they will blog to tell you their own news.
Just one thing about Shay's Sam...he called me yesterday.
"Hi Grandma!"
'Hi Sam...what ya doing?"
"I'm pretending Jack is a cat and he's eating dogfood!" (cute!)
Shay says they play so great together...see...it's good to have more than one kid!
My Wish List?
1. I wish I didn't have such a fat belly. How did it get so big? One sweet carb at a time, I guess.
Wish that wasn't something I had to deal with.
2. I wish I had more time to do things I wanted to do! Time is such a precious commodity. I would like to do art, geneology, blog, practice the piano, talk on the phone, clean my house, be with Mom, bargain shop, see my kids, go somewhere with Steve, study the Gospel, read a good book...oh yes...many things could fill my "get to do what you want today."
One thing you won't find on my list, however, is Cook! I just can't think of what to make and then cookin' for 2 is no fun. Don't wanna do it. I will! but it's of necessity not desire! Yes, if I was rich..I would hire a Cook!
I'm excited about Bud and Bev being temple workers...hope Bev will share... my counsel to her before her first day: "Try not to get incharge of something the first day. " Well ha ha ha ha ha!
I take my hat off to Mom, Grandma Lois! She has had 2 more mini-strokes since the big one in Feb. and instead of giving up! and getting discouraged!, she has fought back each time with physical therapy and a good attitude. She is "enduring WELL", and is faithful and true!
Often times she tells me of her prayer for you...and it's not just fluffy talk, she does pray for us!
Also note: She has family search indexed over 8000 names this year! Isn't that cool?
Thanks Arlene for nudging us along in the "stay connected" department!
Hope to see all of you here at the great Hilterbrand blog.
P.S. I encourage each of you to "follow the Prophet" by getting a 3 month supply of food that you eat and have it in your home! It's do-able! Make a plan and proceed!
What's ahead of us? Not sure!
But there great peace in "Being Prepared!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you aunt barbie!! i am glad your doing good!! your little grandkids are cute wish we could see you more!! love you tons love shell