Friday, September 05, 2008

I am very much alive

Yes, I read the blogs. It is very dull to write what I do and what I think, but I do enjoy the blogs.
I am still active in the church. I am the Visiting Teaching leader. I try to set a good example. I have 2 districts visited for Sept. I still have one sister to visit, she is living with a return missionary, her husband has a brother that is a Bishop and a father-in law that has served on the high council. She has never come to church and I have never met her husband. She sends her daughter to the catholic school. Think how that must break her in-laws hearts. She was born and raised in Mud Lake. If she only knew what she was missing. She said she breaks horses on Sunday.
By way of contrast...All my children and grandchildren are active in the church and have been to the temple. I hope they are paying an honest tithing. I can bear witness to the blessings that come to you if you pay an honest tithing. I could be in a nursing home if the Lord didn't pour me out so many blessings.
I have two wonderful missionaries living with me. Elder Abraham Nava and Elder Martin Lovon. You never saw such faithful Elders. One was born in Peru and the other was from Arizona on the Mexico border. They live by the mission rules. I love them.
I have to give a talk on Sunday when we are having our visiting teacher conference. I am supposed to talk on doing your visiting teaching early in the month AND then report your visits.
I am finished with my Physical therapist and the home health nurse comes 2 more times. (she doesn't do anything except take up my time.)
My peach tree had a few peaches on it. I would say about a medium size bucket. I should make jam, but I will probably just eat them raw. They have a delicious flavor.
Barb and Bev took me shopping last week and I got a new outfit to wear to my class reunion next sat. In fact I got four. Couldn't decide which I liked the best. I was wearing clothes I bought before Shay was married. I was beginning to look kinda scruffy.
Now I am afraid to wear them for fear people will think I am showing off. Like the Lamanites I will look like I am lifted up in pride.
I am eating food Barb brought to me. Delicious soup. Made with Kohli Rabbi. (sp).
I am thankful I have not had any broken bones. I think I cracked a rib on the 19th but it will get better eventually.
I just read this over and thought "Boy, isn't that an exciting life I live."
I love you all and if you want an extra extra mention in my prayer "get pregnant."
I love our new candidate for VP. Sure hope she gets us a win!!!!!

Love , Gma Lois

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's hard to describe just how much I enjoyed that post. Talk about snappy wit and wisdom. Sheesh! You're the best Grandma. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Anonymous said...

I can't get pregnant but I appreciate my mothers prayers! barb

Anonymous said...

I loved every single word you wrote. Thanks a million. Arlene....

amy said...

Grandma Grandma. You are getting funnier by the day. I love hearing all about your day and your life. I can't believe how much strength you give me to keep getting things done because I know you are doing the same! I love that. you are a sweet and loving lady. Keep sharing your thoughts they make my day!

amy said...

p.s. thank you so much for the prayers I definitely feel a peace in my life and I am sure some is coming from your prayers and faithfulness.

Anonymous said...

i love you grandma !! thanks for the post. You are such a good example to me. you are in my prayers !! have a good day love shell

Heber said...

we loved reading about you. We love you!!! You are hilarious,... And remember we've done our part for your prayers :)
Love ya!

Cyndee Bodily said...

Thanks Grandma for the update. I love to get a little peek into your world!
cyndee