Hello...tap tap you there?
Anybody home?
Yahoo. You there?
Let's all make a post and bring this little blog back to life. One post from everyone - kind of make up for our missed reunion.
Did we all miss the reunion?
* Who is everyone voting for? I remember that Uncle Sherrill and Aunt Arlene were always rooting for the Democrats at our Walker reunions and they'd take pictures of aaaalll the Republicans and then would take a picture of the Democrats - both of them. Sometimes Grandpa Jack would stand with the Democrats. Back when Democrats were like JFK and liked America.
I have AVOIDED the political news until the last couple weeks. Sick. To. Death. Of. It. But now...... am ready to listen and I have to say...enjoying it. Who knew? I guess you have to know who Rick will vote for...when the VP is a member of the NRA and can field dress a moose. Mercy me.
* How was the first day of school for everyone? Isn't there a smell associated with that first day of school? That papery, sweaty, crayony smell. I kind of miss that. I have to say - regardless of the age - throwing kids to the wolves is hard. But good. We need these Saturday Warriors out there in the real world...sharing their influence for good.
Tell us how it was (is)..share some first day of school pictures.
This isn't the first day of school for us...humm...but we went to the West side and tried that holding out your arm and taking your own picture thing..we never got very good at it...
Who are those two old folks? I look like Aunt Phyllis and Aunt Lorna use to look to me....hum...guess what folks - it will happen to you, too.
* Where is everyone serving in the church? Are you still active? Do you go on Sunday? Are you paying tithing..and being blessed?
Rick is at the half way mark of Bishop. It makes us sad to know it is already half way. Maybe they will let him serve longer than five years. It has been such a blessing. It is never a sacrifice, when you receive more than you give.
Rick told me they are going to release me from teaching Gospel Doctrine. Why does that make me cry? I wonder why they want to get rid of me? Why do we (I am talking to the female gender here..I don't think guys think that way..they just say, okay and move on, huh?) think that when we are released? We don't own our callings. Duh. I have prepared literally 1000's of lessons and so truth be known I am ready for a different way to serve...but I want it to be my idea. Does that sound like a Hilterbrand-I-want-to-be-in-control issue?
What are you doing to build up the kingdom of God on earth? Share what you are doing. How's it going?
* Share a wish...what do you wish? I remember whenever anyone would make a wish and for every birthday I only had one. I wished my Dad would be a Mormon. Every since he became a Mormon (I love to type that) can't think of another wish. It was my star bright - star light - first star I see tonight - my entire life. I guess my new wish is the same as Gma Lois - no empty chairs. NOT ONE CHAIR!
That said.
What other wish do you have? I wish Amy and her family could move back to Spokane. Just wishing.........I wish I lived closer to my sissies and Mom but at the same time I want to live by my our kids. How can we figure that out?
Share a wish. Share a wish. It's fun to say them.
* What are you having for supper tonight? We are eating out of our garden. Walla Walla sweet onions cooked with crook neck squash a few mushroom and toss in some chopped up tomatoes at the end and a little cheese or white sauce. YUM. Maybe cook some rice or pasta to eat it over. Maybe not. Maybe just the vegies.
OR..........bread, mayo, think tomato slices, sprinkled bacon bits, cheese and put under broiler...YUM.
Love the garden.
What are you eating?
Okay...you there? Knock knock...tap tap..anybody home?
Just checking.
- Arlene
Oh, I thought of a new thing we can write about. Our current want list. I love these. Sometimes just writing it down makes me feel better...just list them all..it's okay..we won't judge you.
Mine:
A flip video camera.
A new microwave...mine is disgusting. Stained - slow - old...but still kind of works, dang it.
A binder machine to bind books. I am thinking about a new hobby job as I am going to run out of flour sacks. boohoo.
A good kitchen knife that will slice a tomato. That chopper tool thing from pampered chef, does anyone know who sales pampered chef?
Oh...a new Honda CR-V, kitchen cupboards, kitchen floor - those are all on there also..but eh, I am not going grieve over those..just wanting...ya know.
Oh - and - Barb and Bev to come clean my house without judging me - make everything fit without throwing anything away.
The great thing about want lists...don't have to be possible to want them.
Gpa Jack...always said, "You can want anything you want."
What do you want? Maybe I want it also...just don't know about it yet? Tee hee...share....
Ok...you there? Knock knock...your turn....ready set go......................
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Hello - any one home?
Posted by
Anonymous
at
2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i loved every word aunt arlene!! you made so laugh and smile so big!!! i want to respond to every question but i don't know how to put it on the blog everytime i try it i do it wrong and then i don't want to call anyone and ask them how only because i have asked a billion times anyway i loved it!!! i am glad you guys are doing good.thanks for all you said love shell
Cute Shelly. Glad you checked in. Glad you are well. You are so stinking cute you don't have to blog and we still love you to pieces. Arlene
Thanks Arlene for making this blog come alive again. We feel OUT here and want to stay in touch with the Hilters!
cb
Post a Comment