Wednesday, March 08, 2006

You'd think I would get the hint!

So one of my little vices is I drink a Coke once in a while. Not a lot - but like a couple times a month. Mostly when I feel a headache coming on. Nothing like a couple of Tylenol and a cold Coke. At least I have myself convinced it is for medicinal purposes.
So I buy Coke in that multipack carton. Looks like I am an addict when I go through the check out but - hey, I know that I am not buying a 'carton' every week so....
Saturday I was in Walmart - warning warning don't go to Walmart the first Saturday of the month! I was shocked! In addition to the mass of humanity, in all it's forms - there were empty shelves and a little elbowing going on - enough on that - back to the Coke, I was back there in the pop/beer/wine cooler section. Ready to pick up a carton of Coke when I heard..."Oh, Hi, Sister McComas." YIKES. It was a sweet lady from our ward....a convert, I had been her escort to the temple a couple years ago. "Oh, Hi, Kerry. So good to see you. Isn't Walmart a mess today?" Hum...I then pickup up my diet - caffeine- free Sprite and went on my way.
Monday I am at Costco, 'needing' my Coke. Walk back there to the cases of Coke piled sky high...searching for the good ones WITH caffeine. Safely shopping - and feeling okay because 'by the carton' is the only way to buy Coke in Costco - so even if you are a casual user - you have to buy a lot at one time. Oh, there it is...ready to pick up my carton...when I hear...yup - you guessed it.."Sister McComas!" An older- retired - wonderful couple - converts - who took my adult institute class. "Sister McComas, we have just come home from a little temple tour - we went to the all temples in Utah." "We learned so much." "We love being able to go." "Oh that is wonderful", I respond.
Anyone want Sprite....I have plenty!
Arlene

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arlene, I wish a "drink" would help me with my problems. We all have them you know. Mine is standing upright.If there was anything that would help me, I would go for it. well, maybe? Love ya, mom or gma

Anonymous said...

YOu are a hoot! I loved that honest entry....it's good to have a reason to be extra good, huh. barb

Anonymous said...

This should be our "BLOG OF THE MONTH!"