Sunday, February 25, 2007

HEELLPPP!! Attention all crafters....(like ARLENE!!)

I just got called to be the Stake girls camp Craft Director ! The problem: Camp is in 4 WEEKS!! There are 100 girls. The theme is BOOT Camp (build our own testimony). I need inexpensive craft ideas to cover 14 hours of time for these girls (it's spread out over 4 days). Anything camoflauge would be great...A bead they can make for their necklace would be good. PLEASE, PLEASE help !! (Also, a lady donated 2 huge buckets of pony beads--oh dear!! Can you make anything decent out of pony beads?!?)
Thanks from Florida---Kyla

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hummm....things our girls have loved.
Anything for their hair...ponybeads?? They love the braid each others hair and then have doo dads. We used those silly foamy stickers on just those clippy things and they loved them.
Kind of hard...to get organized but when the girls registered we found out their 'flip flop' size and then had flip flops for them ($1.00 ones) and then they used torn fabric scraps to tie (just a square knot of fabric about 1 inch by 6 - 8 inches )on the toe part...really cute - frilly and fun...could use camo fabric. We used the value colors.
They also liked making purses out of pants pockets. Cut out the pocket...that is the pouch for the purse...and then cut the inseam for the shoulder strap. (We gathered pants from the wards thru the ward bulletins) Decorate with embroidery floss...hummmm pony beads...or sharpie markers. The girls loved them.
Those magnets made with clear marbles...
Kyla...if these sound interesting...let me know and I will send you some links or pictures...to show you the ideas better..I love girls camp...Rachel...what did your girls like? Jess how about you? Fun fun! Arlene

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh Oh...and they loved making body glitter...just alo-vera and fine glitter....the trick was little jars to put it in...I can't remember where we found them...'google' and look for some. They loved that.
Colages....about themselves...they love to talk about themselves...have a theme...FSOY....or my favorites....or something - just FUN. Sit....cut ....paste...mostly talk!

amy said...

ok, so I will look at some things I love online and compile a bunch of stuff. Do you have e-mail? If you do I can e-mail my ideas to Barb, and she can forward them to you. I will do it once I go and pick up my kids.

By the way you would be the FUNEST camp craft person!!! No question. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

thanks for your help--some great ideas! I would love any online pictures, patterns, and links anyone has. my email is ty_bodily@msn.com
I appreciate your help!!
Love--Kyla

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping Kyla!

She tries so hard to fulfill her callings.

I knew my Hilter side would help her...please please send her the links!

She has a big load and is all alone.

I love you for helping her!

barb