Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Magic Room and Sabbath Day - or you can blame this on my Mom, Lois.

Arlene here.
This is the deal. Rick is gone on Sunday, did you know? Really I am okay with it. I put on my favorite Sunday music...light a yummy smelly candle...and putter about the house. I have a little dog that keeps me company and follows me in every room I go. On the Sundays I teach I spend time putting the final touches on that. I do my Visiting Teaching. I work on genealogy. All those good and appropriate Sunday things. BUT - by evening...I usually am kind of ready for a change and so I like to go into my Magic Room. The Magic Room in my house is that corner of the basement I have my crafting things. It is magic because I go in there and I instantly feel better...and when I leave I have new energy and the satisfaction of doing something that stays done. Magic. So...I go there on Sunday - that isn't bad (?) is it?
Today something changed. I feel like I might actually be able to make a few things and sale them, either at shows or via the internet. So...........today as I sat there puttering and making things, I felt a little uncomfortable. Is this now work? Am I keeping the sabbath day holy? I kept 'working' and then just felt too uneasy. Me - all alone - only I know - well, me and God. So I thought and thought about it..it is okay to do hobbies on Sunday. I love it, in fact....but as I thought and thought ....I have decided...when I am making something for family or as a hobby - that is okay. But if I am making something with the intent to sale it..NOT okay. Really 'it' - the thing I am making might be the exact same thing...but I am not going to make anything I can sale ON Sunday. There now, that feels right. Thanks Mom...for your example. I know what you think. I think the same. I want to find favor with God, in the things I do.
I want there to continue to be that most amazing Magic of all in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your thinking. Good girl. bb

Anonymous said...

I do not want to take the blame. BE IT GOOD OR BAD!!! I have learned a lot in my life time.I need to repent every day. I have made lots of mistakes. But I love the Lord and want to be at home in the celestial kingdom with my whole family there. gma