Saturday, May 12, 2007

Why I love my mom...



I love my mom because she taught me the gospel and planted inside of me a desire to live it. She is one of the best mothers in the whole wide world. She can't tell a lie, not even a little one. She came to Colorado after every baby and helped me! She was always very positive about my decisions. She supports me in everything I do. She is fun to be with. She gave me a sewing machine one year for my birhday and then taught me to sew all kinds of things. She instilled in me to work hard and have integrity in any job I did. She prays for me and my children every day. She is a good example of a faithful, strong wife and supported dad 100% in whatever he did. She helped him farm, milk, bale hay, irrigate, besides having babies, cleaning the house, cooking and sewing. All my dresses when I was growing up, my mom made! I loved it. She taught us how to scald and clean a chickhen. That means-go catch it, kill it and get it ready for the frying pan. She always had a big, big garden. She taught me how to plant the seeds the right depth and to harvest and can it all. My mom loves music, dancing and flowers. So do I! She loves to hear good music. I loved going to the square dancing every Saturday night. Watching her and dad dance there and was the dance directors for mutual for a lot of years gave me that love for dancing as well. My mom would give her life for the church and her testimony. No doubt. She is determined to endure to the end. And she will! She is busier than ever. She loves to play games and do family history, quilt and go visiting teaching. I know I will never be as healthy as she is at 80. She taught me to eat healthy and take care of your body. She taught me this song: Help me dear Father to freely forgive, All who may seem unkind to me, Help me each day, Father to live, Nearer and nearer to thee. She bought us a piano to take piano lessons. We also were given the chance to learn tap dance. She made all our costumes. My favorite meal mom would cook was fried potatoes and cream gravy, or she would put cream in the green beans. YUM! All the good stuff about me I give credit to my mom. (I'll claim the bad stuff!!HA!)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MOM I LOVE YOU, BEV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom, and thanks Grandma. I absolutely agree. Jenni

Anonymous said...

This is BARB

I'm glad you're on the ball Bev...and blogged an "honor tribute" to our fabulous mom.

May I join in my wishes for Mom to have a "Happy Mothers day!" and know that she is loved by her kids and grandkids!

I am continually amazed by MOM! She is pressing forward with steadfastness in Christ and a love for all mankind. She is enduring WELL to the end! She had 3 separate visiting teaching beats. Indeed, she serves!

She's the first to volunteer at every ward funeral. She is continually friendshipping and working with a friend named Ruth who has a shaky testimony.

The first thing mom does in the morning is stretch her legs and do some exercises in bed. She is willing to do everything she should and can do to maintain her health.

She reads her scriptures everymorning, faithfully! and then kneels to prayer. She prays for all of us! She told me, "Sometimes it takes me a long time to get everyone on my list prayed for."

She is as faithful and true as any Latter Day Saint could every be! She is determined to "fulfill her mission here on earth". She feels a great responsibility to do research and the work for Dad's deceased relatives. We are thinking that he's teaching them there in the Spirit world and saying, "Oh, don't worry...I know Lois will get your temple work done." (He had alot of faith in Mom.)

She keeps herself motivated and productive.She is interested and interesting! This month so far she has made two of the cutest scrap wall quilts! She belongs to quilt guild and a DUP group! She is proud of her great heritage!

She loves to wash and hang out her clothes. She hoes in her flower beds and works in her yard.

She is a good neighbor and friend to many in her ward. She is loved!

She loves the Jazz (oh, you are surprised?) Isn't it great that she has something to look forward to! If they could only know what a true blue fan she is...they would give her a front and center seat to every game!

She is making knitted hats for the Christmas Counsel this year.

I just can not tell you how amazing of a mother/grandmother we all have. I'm so glad she is still here with us and continues to show us the way!

I love you mom! Thank you for all you have done and are doing to raise a righteous family! Dad would be proud of how you are hanging in there!

We HONOR you!